iPad Loan Guidelines and Procedures
|Title: iPad Loan Guidelines and Procedures
Source: Library Management Team, Information Technology Services
- The Helmke Library has 10 Apple iPads available for use by IPFW students, faculty and staff. There are no charges for the use of the iPads; however, fines and fees may apply if the equipment is lost, stolen, damaged or returned late.
- Only currently enrolled IPFW students and active faculty and staff may check out iPads.
- Patron must present a valid IPFW Mastodon Card at the time of check out.
- Equipment can be borrowed for 1 week (7 Days), no renewal.
- No reservations are allowed.
- Users cannot choose which iPad they receive.
- iPads can be checked out during library hours.
- iPads can leave the building but not all on-campus network services will be available off-campus.
- Apple iPad 2 - 16GB
- Power cord, iPad bag
- iPads run iOS and will have some limited free software pre-installed.
- Patrons will be allowed to install extra software (via personal iTunes account). Software will be removed when the iPad is returned.
5. Check Out
- Users must present a valid IPFW Mastodon Card when checking out an iPad at the Learning Commons Desk on the second floor of the library.
- Accessories are checked out with each iPad.
- Users can only check out one iPad and one set of accessories at a time.
- The borrower is responsible for the equipment and is liable for loss or damage to the iPad and accessories unless damage occurs during a building emergency such as a fire.
- Defective equipment should be reported immediately and returned to the Learning Commons Desk.
- iPads and all accessories should be returned to the Learning Commons Desk by handing to the Learning Commons consultant.
- Equipment should not be left on the counter or placed in the book drop.
- Returns must be made before the library closes or late fees may be charged.
- Learning Commons staff will assess the equipment for any damage.
- Learning Commons staff will clean and/or re-image the iPad in preparation for the next user.
7. Fines and Fees
- Late fees are $20 per day, $140 maximum.
- After 1 week, borrower will be billed the total replacement cost of all equipment borrowed.
- Fees include a non-refundable $25 service charge in addition to late fees and replacement costs.
- The maximum fine is $165 (maximum late fees plus service charge) plus replacement costs for the iPad and/or any accessories borrowed.
8. Replacement Costs
- iPad, $499 + Apple Care
- Protective case, $35
- USB Power Adapter $20
- USB cable, $20
9. Misuse of Equipment
- iPads are to be used according to the Ethical Guidelines for iPad Users, http://new.ipfw.edu/offices/its/policies/ethical-guidelines/.
- Misuse or deliberate destruction of equipment should be reported to the Learning Commons Desk.
10. Contact Information
- Equipment or borrowing information – Learning Commons Desk (library second floor, 260-481-5483).
- General use iPad questions – Learning Commons Desk (library second floor); IT Services Help Desk (260-481-6030, email@example.com or Kettler 206).