Laptop Loan Guidelines and Procedures
|Title: Laptop Loan Guidelines and Procedures
Source: Library Management Team, Information Technology Services
Date: 2015-3-24, 2011-03-16
- The Helmke Library has 16 Windows laptops available for use by IPFW students, faculty and staff. There are no charges for the use of the laptops; however, fines and fees may apply if the equipment is lost, stolen, damaged or returned late.
- Only currently enrolled IPFW students and active faculty and staff may check out laptops.
- Equipment can be borrowed for 1 day (24 hours), no renewal.
- No reservations are allowed.
- Users cannot choose which laptop they receive.
- Laptops can leave the building; however, not all on-campus network services will be available off-campus.
- Dell E7440 - 14" widescreen laptop with 8GB RAM; DVD burner; Bluetooth; wireless; 3 USB 3.0 ports; up to 6 hour battery life; SD Card; and integrated video camera
- Power cord, laptop bag and wireless mouse (by request)
- Laptops run Windows 7 and have the same software as IT Services' student lab computers, including Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, antivirus, Microsoft FrontPage and Adobe Reader.
- Laptops are enabled to print to any of the WebPrint printers in myIPFW.
- Pages printed count against the lab printing allowance for each user.
- Users must present a valid IPFW Mastodon Card when checking out a laptop at the Learning Commons Desk on the second floor of the library.
- Accessories are checked out with each laptop.
- Users can only check out one laptop and one set of accessories at a time.
- The borrower is responsible for the equipment and is liable for loss or damage to laptop and accessories unless damage occurs during a building emergency such as a fire.
- Defective equipment should be reported immediately and returned to the Learning Commons Desk.
- Laptops and all accessories should be returned to the Learning Commons Desk by handing to the Learning Commons consultant. Equipment should not be left on the counter or placed in the book drop.
- Returns must be made before the library closes or late fees may be charged.
- Learning Commons staff will assess the equipment for any damage and will clean and/or re-image the laptop as needed.
Fines and Fees
- Late fee is $20 per day
- The maximum late fee is $165: 7 days/one week late fees ($140) plus non-refundable service charge of $25.
- After 7 days/one week, borrower will be billed the total replacement cost of all equipment (laptop and accessories) borrowed.
- Laptop $1400
- Battery $150
- Power cord $60
- Mouse $27.95
- Laptop bag $24
Misuse of Equipment
- Equipment or borrowing information: Learning Commons Desk (library second floor, 260-481-5483)
- General use computer questions: Learning Commons Desk (library second floor, 260-481-5483); IT Services Help Desk (Kettler 206, 260-481-6030, email@example.com)